Thursday, April 26, 2018

Struck by Creativity Freeze


While creating this image, I choked up. I was totally afraid to make a mistake. I couldn't continue.
Chief Bolugedong dreamed his grandfather told him to take care of the orphans in the tribe. Africa, Ethiopia, Omo region, Suri tribe
I'd been working on this piece for days. It's about the Suri Tribe Chief who dreamed his grandfather told him to care for the tribal orphans. When I dropped in the perfect photograph with a child from my files, I started to like the myth image. 
Then, I froze, afraid to do anything else to it. 
Fortunately, the next morning a little inner voice said, "Hey, Janis, it's not precious. It's just art. So finish it. Surprise yourself." 
Do other artists choke up, afraid to make a mistake, afraid to continue? 

No comments: